One of my favorite parts of blogging is seeing and hearing your excitement of learning how to shop your closet and remix your favorites!
I wanted to share a couple of y’all’s recent #favesummerlook and #gtrsummerremix looks today:
@howcomfy’s looks are stripe-tacular! :)
Why they work:
- Look 1: Sneakers are being paired with everything lately! A neutral pair like these or a brightly colored, non-athletic shoe will make you look fresh and modern, and less…geriatric. :) I love that Iris dressed up the casual look with a fun statement necklace.
- Look 2: Iris belted her cargo vest to define her waist, so she keeps her leg line long and lean. Because she’s petite, if she had worn the vest closed and not belted it, it would have made her torso look long and her legs short. Her choice of nude shoes also lengthens her leg line.
- Look 3: The tucked tee and structured jacket both work to define her tiny waist and make her legs look miles long.
@bybmg’s look is so summery!
Why it works:
- Becky’s top is fitted but not tight, and shows off her great shape!
- The statement necklace fills in the negative space of the scoop neckline of her tank- always a great rule of thumb if you’re not sure which type of necklace to choose.
- Becky used bright summer colors in the same color family of her skirt for the statement necklace and tank she chose. This is a perfect example of colors ‘going’ instead of ‘matching.’
- The diagonal print of the maxi is flattering and highlights her small waist.
This is a great outfit Becky can transition to cooler temps, too. Just add a cardigan or jean jacket and she’s set!