less than a week. that’s how long i have until my “
small miniscule number of pieces” challenge starts. one week from yesterday i’ll take my piddly amount of clothing and start to wear it and only it* for 30 days.
right now my thoughts are something like this:
- should i really do this?
- i have to.
- but i don’t want to.
- should i put these white pants in the mix?
- probably not. with my luck i’ll spill something on the first day and be in trouble.
- will i be able to come up with 30 ensembles?
- how often am i going to have to do laundry?
- which items should i take out of my current pile?
- should any others go in?
- do i need a blazer in texas in june?
- my office can be a sauna or an igloo; you never know what you’re going to get.
- my office is like a box of chocolates.
- mmm. chocolate.
one thing i do know…i used to feel limited by my current closet. now i find myself staring longingly at it after i’ve stared at the tiny collection of pieces i’ve chosen for june. we’ve become good buds, me and my closet. (my closet and me? i? you get the point.) it’s going to be hard to say goodbye.
*more detailed rules to come, but i withhold the right to wear different clothes for working out and laying out. bermudas would make for a horrible tan line. and an uncomfortable workout. eww.