I may or may not have worn this on our flight to St. Kitts and on our return flight…ok, I definitely did. It was just soooo comfortable, and I felt chic, too. Sometimes that’s tough to pull off in a travel outfit.
Along the way, I saw a lot of ladies that looked a little miserable with their outfit choice:
- Sky high stilettos (not at all dangerous while running to catch a flight);
- Jeans literally cutting into their sides they were so tight (ok maybe not literally, but they had to be at least cutting off circulation);
- Crazy amounts of jewelry that took 15 minutes to get off in the security line (everyone loved them).
- There was also the poor woman that opted for pj’s and her luggage got lost. Oops.
It made me sad. I wanted to hug them and give them all my tips, but I refrained. No one wants unsolicited advice from a crazy lady. So, my captive audience, I’ll impart my wisdom from a few hard-learned lessons. :) Here are a few of my favorite travel outfits:
- (Today’s look!) A super soft shirt, maxi skirt, and lightweight sweater. The hat hides the hair that looks so gross after a flight. (Does anyone else’s do that? I just feel dirty after flying. Must.shower.NOW!)
- A maxi dress and completer piece. A lot of ladies were wearing jean jackets over theirs- adorable!
- A tank, palazzo pants (those wide leg, super soft ones that would look like pj’s save for a good pattern), and a completer piece. I love cardigans on planes because they’re cozy for napping.
Add simple jewelry and comfortable shoes, like a cushioned sandal or flat for a final touch. (Bring socks if you wear sandals to keep those toes warm!)
If you’re flying for business and have to go into a meeting right after you land, try a jersey wrap dress (no wrinkles!) with a completer piece and a pretty pair of flats.
What are your tips for choosing a travel outfit?