we have a sweet friend staying with us this summer while she does an internship at our church. this week she told me she’s never been thrifting. ever.
i quickly remedied that, my friends!
if you’ve never been, it’s definitely worth a shot. some of my best-quality pieces have been thrifted for less than $3. (like this $1 silk skirt, $2 banana republic shirt, and the $2.50 pencil skirt i’m wearing today.)
what are the rules?
- fuel up before you go. thrifting takes a lot of energy! (our choice was iced coffee.)
- get a cart.
- literally comb through every piece of clothing in the ladies (and sometimes mens) section. you never know what gem is hidden in between a sequined blazer and that mysterious swatch of material that’s masquerading as a shirt.
- pile everything that you are remotely interested in into that cart.
- try it all on. (it’s best to have a friend guard your cart if you can’t take everything in at once. some thrifters are will take your goodies if you leave them unattended. sad face.)
- don’t buy unless you love it. even if it’s a super amazing deal. if you don’t love it, don’t spend your money on it.
- beware. once you start, it can be addicting!
have any other thrifting tips? share them below!