REINVENT YOUR CLOSET IN ONE AFTERNOON (FOR FREE!)
Shirts that dip when you bend over to help a student or pick something up.
The fix: Stock up on inexpensive undershirts that fit close to the body so you won’t look bulky. For pesky button ups, try double stick tape between buttons that gape.
Things you would cry over if they were ruined.
The fix: Opt for fabrics made of natural fibers, like cotton, linen, silk, wool, etc. They tend to be easier to get stains out of than synthetic fabrics and keep their shape better and longer. Too late? Try this stain removal guide for pretty much every stain imaginable. Crayons, sweat, and vomit included. Bless you.
Outfits that are comfortable but boring and don’t show off your personality.
The fix: Create looks that are comfy and chic!
Shoes that are super cute but hurt so much you want to cry.
The fix: Find a few different styles of shoes that you love and are comfortable. Even if you have to spend a little more for comfort, having just a few different styles (like flats, low wedges, and riding boots) give you more options than a bunch of different versions of the same type (like all flats).
If you’re only going to buy one type, create variety by adding a pair in whatever you don’t have:
- Or shine.
My favorite place for cute, comfortable, and long-lasting footwear? Nordstrom Rack.
Look professional on spirit wear, jean, or t-shirt days:
- A pair of trouser cut jeans is the most universally flattering cut, plus this shape looks the most professional. A very dark wash does the same trick regardless of cut.
- Try a blazer over your spirit tee paired with jeans. Here’s an example.
Avoid (or hide) sweat if you have drop off, bus, or recess duty:
- Stick to dark colors, bright whites, or prints. These are your best friend when it comes to hiding moisture.
- Natural fibers, like cotton, pima cotton, linen, and tropical wool are your best defense. Avoid synthetic fabrics like viscose/rayon, silk, polyester blends, and nylons. They often keep you hotter and allow sweat to build up as opposed to soaking it up and allowing you to dry off like natural fibers. Source.
Look put together and keep your body temperature at a human level:
Transition to date night:
- Dress up your day look with a bold lip color, sparkly piece of jewelry, or a dressier completer piece. (A completer piece is a cardigan, blazer, etc.) Finish off with a pair of heels, wedges, or a fun pair of flats.
Disguise your ID badge without breaking any rules:
Tired of feeling like you have nothing to wear?
Ready to buy less and love your closet more?
Not even sure where to start?
Take our free 5 day challenge and learn how we used our closets to feel more polished
+ free up our time and resources so we can make more of what really matters happen!