“I just can’t look good because of x, y, z.”
When I hear this come out of someone’s mouth (or the cloaked equivalent), it makes me so sad.
It’s not true!
It doesn’t matter if it’s:
- A graduate with no money (all y’all, click here);
- A new mom who’s not sure how to dress for a different body shape (or in mind of projectile vomit and sticky hands…you are all saints.);
- Someone with a body shape that’s hard to dress, so they have to buy clothes in a section or size they’d prefer to avoid in order to get the fit right;
- A woman who’s post-menopausal, frustrated with her weight, and the options of “age appropriate” clothing.
This is so important I’ll say it again: It doesn’t matter. It’s not true even if it feels that way.
- You can build a wardrobe out of a few timeless basics that fit and flatter you (and you feel amazing in), then add in trends and accessories to freshen your look season after season. It doesn’t have to cost a lot. (Here’s proof.)
- You can buy clothing that looks older but fits you well, and make it look fresh and modern with accessories. You’ll look classy and expensive instead of frumpy and cheap.
- You don’t even have to buy new items to do it! I’ve worked with all ages, from teens to young professionals, moms to retirees. They’ve discovered an average of 50 “new” outfits hanging in their current closet that made them feel as fantastic as they looked. I bet you’ve got at least 20! And we’re going to find them.
Over the next few months, I’ll be covering how to do some of these exact things for my e-mail list.
I’ll still be posting here on GTR, but posts will be short snippets and outfit ideas- things you can put to work for you that same day.
On the e-mail list, we’re going to dig into how to turn all the style info that gets thrown at you by Pinterest, blogs, and magazines into real, everyday outfits. Looks that fit your unique body, style, and life stage.
I’ll help you feel and look amazing starting with the clothing that’s already hanging in your closet.
Sound good? I’m really excited about where GTR is heading, and I’m so glad you’re reading along!
I’d love to hear from you: what are you must frustrated with style-wise? Is there something you feel clueless about? Let me know in the comments below or in an e-mail. I’ll be adding these things into the e-mail tutorials! caitlin (at) greaterthanrubies (dot) net.
PS You don’t have to wait if you want to get a jump start! Join my e-mail list on the righthand side of the page and get a free guide today to help you find at least 5 new outfits. Happy outfit hunting! :)