i must say i’ve had more than a few moments of asking myself why in the world i thought it was a good idea to start a style blog when i’ve limited myself to shopping my own closet for a year. the saying that comparison kills joy is true. as i browse my favorite blogs or look at pinterest, it’s so easy to compare my current closet to others’ and become dissatisfied. to keep my thoughts in perspective (hello, caitlin, first world ‘problem’!) i went back through my outfit pictures and picked out some of the recent trends i’ve been able to recreate. truly, i think i’ve recreated every single one that i really like- with something that i already have in my closet!
favorite trends that i’ve recreated from my wardrobe within the last month (or two):
- i’ve only seen the peplum on skirts, but here’s my shirt version. that counts, right?
- i have no flowered pants, but i do have a skirt!
- i supposed black is really color-less (color-full?), but these are my new favorite bottoms. especially since i dyed them.
- i’ve only done this once so far but i really like the look.
- thank you, grandma shirt!
and finally, the white blazer. i think i’ve reached for it every other day this week. it may be cold(ish) here in texas, but i will look like spring!