Caitlin is currently available for events as well as interviews, profiles, and expert commentary.
She lives in Dallas, Texas, and can be reached directly at email@example.com.
Caitlin has traveled across the country as a keynote speaker + workshop leader. She’s encouraged women at colleges, sororities, high schools, events for women and moms, church groups, teachers, real estate agencies & more!
Greater Than Rubies started as a diary about Caitlin Skidmore’s year long break up with shopping. That year, Caitlin was blown away to discover her average-size closet held 365 “new” outfits.
Today, Caitlin serves women internationally through speaking, events, and online style guides, helping them go from “nothing to wear” to a simple, purposeful closet full of outfits they LOVE- all so they can free up time + resources to make more of what really matters happen!
Recent Features & Press
- Tarleton College, February
- Modern Mom Life, February
- Where Moms Connect, Kansas City, Missouri, January
- Christ Fellowship Moms Connection, January
- Lakeside Baptist MOPS, January
- Prosper High School Fashion Show, December 2016
- YoungLives, December 2016
- Texas Christian University Dorms, November 2016
- Columnist for Free Style, Live & Prosper Magazine – January 2014 to 2016
- Health, Wealth, & Style for the Holidays, November, 2016
- Influence Network Class: God’s Image & You, September 2016
- MOPS Event, South Side Baptist, Abilene, Texas, September 2016
- First Baptist Church Big Springs, Texas, September 2016
- How To Really Break Up With Shopping, Upwrite Magazine, August 2016
- RE/MAX Performance Group Event, Prosper, Texas, August 2016
- 2 Year Birthday Party for the Nothin But Sunshine Shop, August 2016
- 9 Ways Your Clothes Can Make Your Relationships Better, Family Greenhouse, July, 2016
- Interviewed by The Penny Hoarder, July 2016
- Speaker, Keller Williams Event, May 2016
- Speaker, MOPS Event, Preston Trail, May 2016
- Columnist for Style, McKinney Image – November 2015 to May 2016
- Interviewed by I Will Teach You To Be Rich about Greater Than Rubies, March 2016
- Interviewed by GrowthLab, March 2016
- Speaker, Young Lives Event
- Speaker, Lunch & Learn for the Women’s Alliance of McKinney
- Interviewed on the Sonja Kabell Show.
- Speaker + Workshop Leader, TBCWE 2016 Directors’ Retreat
- KLAK interviewed Caitlin about Greater Than Rubies.
- Caitlin shared how to shop your closet for Holiday Style on the LifeWay Women’s site.
- Capsules by Cladwell shared Caitlin’s story with their audience.
- Caitlin was interviewed by Hannah Keely of Hannah Help Me about Greater Than Rubies.
- Our 1 on 1 interviewed Caitlin on growing up in Indiana, the Skidmores’ life in Texas + got a peek behind the scenes of Greater Than Rubies.
- Caitlin was featured as The Girl Who Stopped Buying Clothes For A Year on Mind of Meesh.
- Retail Model for West & Lou
- Speaker, National Charity League Retreat – Anna, Texas
- Speaker, Women of Visionary Influence of McKinney – McKinney, Texas
- Caitlin shared How to Shop Your Closet (And Find 47 New Outfits) on Beauty Mommy
- Columnist for Style File, McKinney Magazine – February 2014 to Summer 2015
- Speaker, Dallas Theological Seminary Retreat – Tyler, Texas
- Speaker, Prosper High School, Fashion & Merchandising Classes- Prosper, Texas
- Speaker, Women’s Ministry at Crosspoint Church – McKinney, Texas
- Speaker, Where Moms Connect – Kansas City, Missouri
- Bridal Model featured on Lauren Kelp
- Front page feature in The Celina Record: A Charitable Challenge Remixes the Closet
Caitlin shares the story behind Greater Than Rubies.