Image by Katie Soyka Photography for McKinney Image Magazine
Because our goal is helping you create a purposeful closet to free up time and resources to make what matters to you happen, this spring we’ll share a couple ways the guys in your life can do the same!
Today, let’s look at one men’s suit, five ways + how you can borrow the strategies to put together new outfits yourself!
My husband had his modeling debut in this month’s McKinney Magazine! Isn’t he handsome?! :) Click here and flip to page 30 to see all five outfits!
Here are 5 ways you can use the same ideas to remix your own pieces- whether they’re casual or business attire:
- Use elements of color, texture, pattern, and shine to add your own personality into an outfit– whether it’s for a day of running errands (this will help you feel more put together) or a full on suit (and you want to feel more like you!).
- Reach for accessories (instead of a pocket square, try a scarf or a piece of jewelry) and vary the way you wear them. Tie a scarf a new way (finally put your Pinterest scarf pins to work!), layer several bracelets together, or tuck your necklace under your collar instead of wearing it over the top.
- Layer pieces different ways. Try a collared blouse under a thin knit sweater. Add a jacket. Lose the sweater so you just have the blouse + jacket. Trade the jacket for a cardigan. Button a different number of buttons of your cardigan. The combinations are endless! Play with different combinations and wear the ones you like the most.
- Pair dressier pieces with more casual items for fun new combinations– especially on the weekend! Try a blazer with your boyfriend jeans + a tee, a lace or embellished skirt with a simple sweater, or a dress with a pair of booties.
- Use these outfit formulas to shop your closet for a variety of new-to-you outfits, or as a super versatile packing list!
Happy remixing, Gems! And if there’s a guy in your life who could use this cheat sheet, send it his way!