we’re in a marriage series at church right now, and our pastor has been explaining the design of and value in being best friends with your spouse.
being a best friend doesn’t happen by accident. i love that troy gets that and works hard to be mine. this series has challenged me to really think about some of the reasons we’re besties and here are my favorites:
- troy sees me at my worst- junk, baggage, sin, and all, and still loves me unconditionally.
- he lovingly and consistently speaks difficult truth to me, and has patiently modeled and coached me as I’ve learned to do that with him and others. (if i’m honest, i still sort of suck at that, but we’re making progress!)
- he can always make me laugh- even- and especially when- I don’t want to.
- i get calls and texts during the day just to say hi, that he loves me, and ask how I’m doing.
- troy’s adventurous spirit results in craziness, lots of memories, and me becoming more like him. fun at times, scary at others. :)