that being said, the overall game plan is to invest in classic pieces that are neutral or jewel tones (which i feel never go out of style), while adding dashes of trends via inexpensive accessories.
a few items i think will join the wardrobe come 2013:
- what: a white and black polkadot blouse like rachel’s. why: i wear my short sleeve blouse button downs all the time, but i don’t have a classic long sleeve. plus, i’ve got a zillion outfit ideas for this baby.
- what: a leather jacket a la audrey’s. why: it’s a different “finishing piece” than my go-to cardigan or blazer, and would open the door for lots of remixing.
- what: a jacket like this. why: same reasons as the leather jacket. i would probably get a black and white version, but i’ve seen several fantastic outfits with a similar look and want to try my hand at remixing it.
- what: a maxi skirt. why: it’s comfortable, easy to dress up or down, and perfect for the texas heat. or “cold.”
- what: a plain dress that hits somewhere around the knee. why: i’m so tall the first wash renders most of my dresses super inappropriate. i also tend to buy this style of dress in a crazy pattern that’s tough to remix, so i want a plain or classic print to promote restyling.
- what: red heels a la kendi’s. why: they don’t necessarily have to be red, but a pop of color is a fun way to make an otherwise plain outfit great.
well, there you have it, my dears- the items i’m considering adding. any suggestions?