I’ve gotten a lot of questions lately about how to link up, so here is a quick, updated tutorial on how to link up via Blog, Go Chic or Go Home, Polyvore, or Pinterest, plus some fun upcoming challenges to share your looks with us!
How to Link Up:
- Publish your post.
- Copy the link to your specific post (ie: http://greaterthanrubies.net/fall-capsule-wardrobe-remix-challenge/ not http://greaterthanrubies.net).
- Go to the post hosting a link up, and click on the, “Add your link,” button.
- Paste the link into the first box, the wording you want everyone to see in the second (for example, Caitlin @ Greater Than Rubies, or maybe a great title to catch their eye), and your e-mail into the third (no one else sees that.)
- Hit ‘Next Step.’
- The images available for the thumbnail will automatically show up. Pick the one you want everyone to see, and edit it if applicable (some link ups include this step and some don’t).
- Choose whether you want to tweet or publish it to Facebook, and you’re done!
- It’s blogging etiquette to add a link in your post back to the host site you’re linking up to. They’re sending you traffic, so it’s polite to send them some as well. Sometimes people require you to follow them, etc., so be sure to pay attention to what they ask for.
- If you don’t have an account, request an invite and use the e-mail you receive to set that up first.
- Click on the ‘Upload’ tab and choose your photos.
- When they’ve uploaded, select a board, type, and color for the photos to finalize the upload process.
- Create a board or outfit you want to share! (If you upload the pieces to a new board, this piece is already done for you.)
- Copy the link to your specific board or outfit (ie: http://gochicorgohome.com/explore/members/14714/board/750115) and follow the directions from step 3 in the ‘Via Blog’ section.
- Sign up for an account.
- Create your look(s).
- Copy the link to your specific Polyvore site, not your homepage, and link it up by following the directions from step 3 in the ‘Via Blog’ section.
- Create an account.
- Create a board with your look(s).
- Copy the link to your specific Pinterest board, not your homepage, and link it up by following the directions from step 3 in the ‘Via Blog’ section.
Questions? Comments? Leave them below, and happy linking!
PS A few fun link ups coming up around here are: