It LIT-terally (Parks & Rec anyone??) just got cool enough here in Texas to start layering without being soaked in sweat by the end of the day. Cue furious applause.
While it’s finally cold(ish) here, I know some of y’all live where it’s warm year round, but you still want to wear layers and dress like it’s fall or winter. And you should!
Here are a few ways to pull off wearing a seasonal look even when the temperatures don’t match.
One: Use colors that are usually associated with the season you’re going for.
I had a couple of people tell me I looked festive in this outfit. It feels very holiday because of the black and white, lace, and red.
To fake a season, try wearing:
- Spring: pastels, whites, greens;
- Summer: bright colors, blues, whites, neons, and yellows;
- Fall: jewel tones, rust, olive, cream, yellows and oranges- a mustard tone feels especially fall-y;
- Winter: reds, greens, gold, silver, and black. Jewel tones also work really well for winter.
For 12,572* more tips and outfit ideas to dress for fall and winter without dying of heat stroke, click the image below and flip to page 30 to learn:
- How to use your current closet to make a seasonal transition;
- Specific examples of mixing textures to create a look for fall or winter;
- Layering tricks, and more.
*Ok, ok, that’s a slight exaggeration, but there are a lot!