Has anyone ever told you you look like a certain celebrity?
I’ve heard Mandy Moore, Sandra Bullock, and Kate Middleton. What do you think? (I’m giving you my best Tyra smize above to help you envision it. :))
While I’d love to steal any one of their closets (and also Kate Middleton’s hair), it’s totally possible to borrow inspiration from them to create new looks with your own closet.
Borrowing from celebrities is one of my favorite tricks, because they pay stylists to avoid ending up on the worst dressed list. You can easily benefit from the thousands they pay with $0 and a few minutes of your time.
In this month’s Free Style column for Live & Prosper Magazine, learn:
- How to copy a star’s look for less;
- The trick to coming up with variations of a celeb’s outfit;
- How to incorporate style from a star with your body type and the tweaks to consider when you’re a different shape.
I’ll also share:
- Two examples from my closet (one straight up copy because I’m an outfit stealer, and one I used as inspiration);
- Two outfit ideas for you to try with your closet today.
To read the article, click here and turn to page 46.
Now, I want to hear from you! Who have you been told you look like? And who’s style would you most love to steal?
Bonus points: come up with a “new” look based on one of theirs, and send the photo to me (skidmore dot caitlin at gmail dot com) to be featured on GTR later this month.
PS If you found this month’s Free Style helpful, or you struggle with feeling like looking good has to cost a lot of money, get my free guide to finding 5 “new” outfits hanging in your closet today. Just sign up for the e-mail list on the righthand side of the page! If you signed up before this past weekend and want the guide, just shoot me an e-mail at skidmore dot caitlin at gmail dot com, and I’ll send one your way. Happy almost-weekend, gorgeous!