I’ve seen magazines and blogs do day to date night looks if you work in an office, but what if you work from home or you’re a stay at home mama?
In this month’s Live & Prosper Magazine, I put together a couple outfit formulas for a quick day to date night switcheroo.
Click here and flip to page 46 to see how to transform a tee and jeans from around the house to a night out with the girls, or your favorite summer dress from casual to date night chic.
Today’s look is a bonus idea. I would totally wear this during the day and then for a casual date night. I did, actually, to the cutest little pizza place downtown McKinney the other weekend.
We love to check out local restaurants, but sometimes a night in makes for the perfect date. One of our favorite DIY date meals is pizza. Here’s our favorite recipe to pair with your new date night look!
Totally Serious Warning: you may never order takeout pizza again when you see how easy and delicious this recipe is. If you’re ok with that, read on, brave soul.
Better Than Restaurant Pizza
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Bake time: 17-20 minutes
Total time: 32-40 minutes
- 1 package dry mix pizza dough
- 1/2 cup water (this may be slightly different based on your dough’s instructions)
- olive oil
- 1 jar of pizza sauce
- toppings of your choice (we love pepperoni, mushrooms, red peppers, and red onions)
- mozzarella (if you’re feeling fancy, you can use the fresh mozzarella ball and cut it into slices or a package of shredded mozzarella works just as well)
- cracked red pepper
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Follow the pizza dough instructions to make the dough, drizzle with olive oil, let sit.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. (For easy clean up, wrap the sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil.)
- Cut up and then saute the vegetables (sautéing is optional) in a little bit of olive oil until soft. I use 3-4 mushrooms, half of a red pepper, and about 1/4 of a large red onion.
- Spread the dough on the cookie sheet.
- Layer sauce, toppings, and cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cracked red pepper.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned.
This is a great dinner party recipe, too, and can be modified for people to create their own pizza. Just cut up a few extra toppings like sausage, tomatoes, fresh basil, etc. divide the dough into personal pizzas, and bake a tad longer to make sure the dough is fully cooked.
For a quick a side, we cut up a head of lettuce and use this lemon caesar dressing from Real Simple.* It.is.SO.good!
Lemon Caesar Dressing
Total time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- Cut up the lettuce and place in a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle over the lettuce immediately before serving.
*I couldn’t find the recipe on their site anymore. If you are able to, please let me know so I can properly credit it.
Happy date nighting, friends!
PS If you don’t want to scroll back up for the link to the article, here it is again. Let us know in the comments below- are you a fan of transitioning a look from day to night? If yes, what’s your go to look, and if not, what’s holding you back?