i had some extra time last week and decided to tackle our closet.
doing the 11 for 30 made me realize that i need to focus on pieces that fit well and make me feel great.
as i went, i sorted things into piles.
- give away
- classic pieces, like my wool trousers, button ups, and pencil skirts.
- items that are flattering, fit well, and in good shape.
- uniquely shaped pieces, like a sweater with ruched shoulders.
- items that could be great pregnancy clothing- like a target dress with an elastic waist that shrunk to the perfect tunic length. (and before any rumors start, no, i’m not pregnant. :))
- 3 pairs of shoes are headed to the cobbler.
- 2 skirts and 2 pairs of pants destined for the tailor.
- a few dye jobs.
- trying this trick.
swap or donate:
- anything i know i’ll never wear again.
- pieces that have worn funny- shrunken, oddly stretched, twisted seams, etc.
ahh…there’s something so rejuvenating about a freshly culled closet! before this year, i would have simply sorted things into ‘keep’ and ‘get rid of’ piles. thinking outside the box and refashioning things already in my closet rather than running out to buy what i “need” is a new way of thinking for me.
what about you? do you have a closet recycling/refashioning trick? please share it!