Well, almost. :) The 31 Days, 31 Ways Remix officially kicks off tomorrow (and the first link up is Friday), but this is your first prompt. Are you as excited as I am?! Over the next 31 days, we’re going to come up with 31 “new,” never-before-worn outfits from your closet.
A few things to consider as we get started:
- There are a few guidelines to the remix, but the main goal is to come up with 31 new-to-you outfits.
- Every day I’ll send you a prompt/cheat sheet for the next day’s look. I suggest setting out your outfit the night before. It only takes a few minutes, but seems to save hours the next day.
- If you’ve tried on a new look and you don’t like it, you don’t have wear it out of the house! (But try on, try on, try on. No excuses! Items always look different on your body than they do on the hanger- another reason I suggest picking out your look the night before! :))
- Know ahead of time that you won’t love every outfit you come up with, and that’s ok. The goal is to see your closet through new eyes and train yourself to see more combinations. We’re after progress, not perfection!
- Subscribe to the GTR e-mail list to get tips and tricks a week ahead! (Sign up on the righthand side of the page where it says ‘Free Guide + E-mail Tips.’)
Deep breath. Are you ready?
Today’s challenge is pairing print and color.
Sidenote: the ‘click through for tips’ is just for pinners who find this image outside of GTR. ;)
I’ve decided to use 31 items for my challenge this month. You’ll see them all this Friday, but here’s my first look:
No matter where you’re at in learning how to remix your closet, start applying what you’re learning! Take this prompt (color + print) and use it as a jumping off point to create one new look from your closet.
A few tips + a little inspiration…
- Dress it up: swap the sandals for a pair of heels, and add a structured jacket. A blazer or boxy jacket would look great, too.
- Dress it down: add a jean jacket and a pair of flats. Keep the jewelry simple, and you’ve got a great date night or errand-running look. (You have nice clothes, so wear them for “unexciting” things like a grocery run, too. They’ll give you an extra boost of energy.)
- Take a look at these pattern & color combination Pinterest boards. Look for a photo you can gain inspiration from. Remember, you don’t have to create an exact outfit. Think outside the box as to how you can recreate a look with what you have.
Now go put together an outfit!
If you’re up for it, share your look with us using the hashtag #31days31waysremix. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Here’s extra info on 31 Days, 31 Ways if you’re just joining us or need a reminder!
Introductory Post (Guidelines, tips & tricks to handle emergencies, how to link up, and more.)
31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Link Up Schedule:
- October 3: Show us the pieces you’ve chosen. This can be pictures, descriptions, a Pinterest board…whatever you want!
- October 10: Looks 1-7(ish). I say ish, because it’s up to you. Don’t let this part paralyze you. Just show what you’ve got handy.
- October 17: Looks 8-14(ish)
- October 24: Looks 15-21(ish)
- October 31: Looks 22-28(ish)
- November 7: Recap! Your final looks and what you’ve learned from the remix challenge.
Linking up with WIWW.