Welcome to day 9’s prompt for the 31 Days, 31 Ways Remix! We’re shopping our closets using the daily prompt to come up with 31 “new” outfits.
Today is a Choose Your Own Belt-tacular Adventure.
I know, I know, super corny, but I looooove corny jokes. The cornier the better. Troy’s super witty, so he always rolls his eyes at them, but you guys are a captive audience, so I can fire them off at will. #yourewelcome
Seriously, though, I want you to try wearing a belt today in a way or with a piece you haven’t before.
My look today is a swimsuit cover up-turned dress (you know I love a good wardrobe chameleon!) and Troy is always telling me to belt it. (He should write his own style blog. The man knows how to style an outfit!) It was so hot for a while, I just refused, but for today’s prompt, I did.
Here are a few tips & tricks to get you started:
- How to dress it up: trade the cardigan for a jacket, and add some bolder jewelry. A statement necklace, bracelet, or earrings would all work perfectly. You could also trade the wedges for a pair of close toed pumps.
- How to dress it down: loose the wedges for a pair of ballet flats. You could also add a scarf for warmth as it cools off. If you’re experiencing true fall weather (unlike those of us in the lovely but warm Tejas) you can add opaque hose for day and a pair of boots or booties. Choose tights in the same color as your boots to make your legs look super long and lean.
- Lost when it comes to belts? This is a great visual with lots of examples. This one’s pretty great, too.
- This post explains how to make a belt meant for your waist work above your natural waist.
Now get moving and create that belt-tacular look! And pretty please share it with us using the hashtag #31days31waysremix on your Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter account. We want to see your look!
Here’s extra info on 31 Days, 31 Ways if you’re just joining us!
Introductory Post (Guidelines, tips & tricks to handle emergencies, how to link up, and more.)
31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Link Up Schedule:
- October 3: Show us the pieces you’ve chosen. This can be pictures, descriptions, a Pinterest board…whatever you want!
- October 10: Looks 1-7(ish)
- October 17: Looks 8-14(ish)
- October 24: Looks 15-21(ish)
- October 31: Looks 22-28(ish)
- November 7: Recap! Your final looks and what you’ve learned from the remix challenge.