Welcome to Day 5’s Prompt for the 31 Days, 31 Ways Remix!
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to put together an outfit around your choice of a hat or a scarf worn on your head. It’s still been hot in Tejas, so I opted for my favorite fedora.
On the weekends, I like to use minimal jewelry for a more relaxed feel. I loved the comfort and simplicity of this look.
A few tips and tricks to get you started:
- How to dress it up: Lose the hat or scarf, but maybe wear your hair fully up in a bun for a similar effect. Transition the look itself by belting the dress to look more structured, and adding a completer piece (cardigan, jacket, blazer, etc.). Wear close-toed shoes- either flats or heels, and add a statement piece of jewelry. Take your choice of earrings, a bracelet, or a necklace. They would all work perfectly.
- How to dress it down: add an open button up over the dress, and swap the sandals for non-athletic tennis shoes or a pair of oxfords.
- A few scarf ideas;
- And some for hats. You can also browse by specific hat: baseball, fedora, etc.
- No hat or scarf? Borrow one from a friend or use a ribbon as a headband in your hair. Get creative!
We want to see your look! Share it with us using the hashtag #31days31waysremix on your Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter account.
Here’s extra info on 31 Days, 31 Ways if you’re just joining us!
Introductory Post (Guidelines, tips & tricks to handle emergencies, how to link up, and more.)
31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Link Up Schedule:
- October 3: Show us the pieces you’ve chosen. This can be pictures, descriptions, a Pinterest board…whatever you want!
- October 10: Looks 1-7(ish)
- October 17: Looks 8-14(ish)
- October 24: Looks 15-21(ish)
- October 31: Looks 22-28(ish)
- November 7: Recap! Your final looks and what you’ve learned from the remix challenge.