It’s already time for Day 4’s Prompt for the 31 Days, 31 Ways Remix! How’s it going so far? I hope you’re stretching yourself to find new outfits. I had to pre-wear my 31 looks to have them ready for y’all, but I’m creating new looks right along with you. You can follow those on Instagram if you like!
Today’s challenge is to mix color families: brights, pastels, neutrals, jewel tones. Pick two- or more, if you’re feeling brave!
A few tips and tricks to get you started:
- How to dress it up: Change the cardigan for a structured jacket and swap the booties for heels. Add a few pieces of jewelry like a pendant and a classic watch to pull it all together. Optional: tuck the top in and add a belt if you want the look to be a bit more styled.
- How to dress it down: This is a pretty casual look, but you could go a little more dressed down with boyfriend jeans, or add a head scarf or hat to give it a bohemian vibe.
- Use this Pinterest board as a starting point for some great color combinations.
- You could also try one of my favorite tricks: hold an item in a color you want to wear up to the rest of your pieces in your closet and see what pops out at you. It will help you look at your closet in a whole new way!
- Choosing unique color palettes like the one above helps you appear more modern. Pairing primary colors can look young, and while black goes with everything, try other neutrals like browns, tans, or grays for a fresh spin on your look.
Alright, enough chit chat. Let’s get moving! Head to that closet and put together an outfit for tomorrow! If you’re up for it, share your look with us using the hashtag #31days31waysremix.
Today is also the day to link up your pieces, if you’ve chosen to limit yourself to a set amount. If you haven’t, it’s totally fine to link up a post about what you’re learning during the remix. We want to hear from you, too!
Before we take a look at my pieces, I want you to know I plan to post the photos of them soon, as promised, but my dad had to go to the hospital and have emergency surgery this week- he’s fine, praise God! but something had to go on the to do list, and getting the pieces photographed and uploaded was it.
In the meantime, here they are, listed out. I’ll let you know when they’ve been updated if you want to have a look. I wanted to continue the ’31’ trend, so I chose 31 of my favorite pieces for this remix.
- blush tank
- geometric bow tie blouse
- white tee
- striped leather sleeve tee
- silky red tank
- black short sleeve peplum top
- black, navy, and red floral blouse with leather shoulder detailing
- black and white polka dot button up
- black and white gingham button up
- solid white button up
- lace front 3/4 sleeve top
- maroon silk 3/4 sleeve blouse
- oatmeal crew neck sweater
- striped long sleeve sweater
- red cardigan
- mustard cardigan
- oatmeal cardigan
- black cardigan
- striped jacket
- gray leather jacket
- jean jacket
- fuschia dress
- black t-shirt dress
- gray corduroy skinnies
- olive skinnies
- blue jean skinnies
- black slim cut trousers
- red, orange, and brown printed pencil skirt
- teal pencil skirt
- aztec print skirt
- black midi skirt
Let’s see your pieces!
Here’s extra info on 31 Days, 31 Ways if you’re just joining us!
Introductory Post (Guidelines, tips & tricks to handle emergencies, how to link up, and more.)
31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Link Up Schedule:
- TODAY, October 3: Show us the pieces you’ve chosen. This can be pictures, descriptions, a Pinterest board…whatever you want!
- October 10: Looks 1-7(ish)
- October 17: Looks 8-14(ish)
- October 24: Looks 15-21(ish)
- October 31: Looks 22-28(ish)
- November 7: Recap! Your final looks and what you’ve learned from the remix challenge.