Welcome to Day 3’s Prompt for the 31 Days, 31 Ways Remix!
I am constantly copying things Princess Kate wears. (I might be obsessed. But hey, I’m long (long, long loooong)-distance related through her husband’s family, so it’s ok, right? Or so I tell myself… :)) She sticks to classic cuts and sometimes punches those up with fun prints or colors. This look is a loose interpretation of an outfit I saw her wear a long time ago, but you can be more literal with your recreation. As long as you use the tips below to create a new-to-you look, you’re golden!
A few tips and tricks to get you started:
- How to dress it up: I could trade the jeans for a pair of trouser jeans or regular trousers, tuck the blouse in, and add a pair of heels. Perfect for work!
- How to dress it down: swap the wedges for a pair of flats. A cuffed boyfriend pair of jeans would also be fun and provide a great contrast with the girly colors and femininity of the blouse.
- Take inspiration from a celebrity with a body shape and style similar to yours. Celebrities have stylists who are paid to make them look great and keep them off the worst dressed list, so take advantage of what they’ve learned without paying the big bucks! Pay attention to the cuts and types of clothing your celeb(s) of choice wear, and try those on for yourself. Try googling or searching Pinterest for a favorite celebrity. A magazine is another great resource.
Get moving! Using a photo of your choice as your inspiration for this day’s look, head to that closet and put together an outfit! If you’re up for it, share your look with us using the hashtag #31days31waysremix.
Here’s extra info on 31 Days, 31 Ways if you’re just joining us or need a reminder!
Introductory Post (Guidelines, tips & tricks to handle emergencies, how to link up, and more.)
31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Link Up Schedule:
- October 3: Show us the pieces you’ve chosen. This can be pictures, descriptions, a Pinterest board…whatever you want!
- October 10: Looks 1-7(ish)
- October 17: Looks 8-14(ish)
- October 24: Looks 15-21(ish)
- October 31: Looks 22-28(ish)
- November 7: Recap! Your final looks and what you’ve learned from the remix challenge.