Only a few days left of the 31 Days, 31 Ways Remix! If you’re just joining us, we’re excited you’re here! If you want to join in (or you’re a little behind), no worries. This series will be here for you to follow along or refer back to so you can go at your own pace.
You can use it to put together 31 new-to-you looks, follow the tips to create a few more when you’ve finished the challenge, or make as many as you can come up with; whatever your goal, the information is here to help you shop your closet to find as many “new” looks as you like!
Today, I want you to reach for an item you haven’t worn yet. I know from talking with a lot of you that you feel guilty about the items with their price tags still on that are hanging in your closet. I’ve been there! Today, take a step toward getting rid of that guilt by using one of them to create a new outfit.
The ‘click through for tips’ is just for those who come across this photo on Pinterest.
Read on for all today’s tips!
I’ve had a pair of rain boots on my list for a while, but hadn’t been able to find any I loved. But then Joules contacted me and asked if I’d review a pair from their new line, and when I saw these, I might have let out a little scream of excitement. (Ok, ok, might is definitely a lie. I totally did.)
They are the most gorgeous pair of rain boots I’ve ever laid eyes on. (Can rain boots be gorgeous? I think they can.) I love that they look like riding boots, but have the feminine touch with the mustard yellow bows on the back. If I ever get tired of the bows, I can take them out and the boots still look great.
It hasn’t rained yet since I’ve had them, and even though I’m usually not a fan of rain, I’ve been waking up every day secretly hoping the skies will open up and start pouring so I have an excuse to wear these. When you’re sporting them and it’s 80 degrees and sunny out, you get a few strange looks. :) But I suppose winter will be here soon enough, and I’ll get to wear them to my heart’s content.
Because I always want to know about the fit and comfort factor when I buy online, these are a size 10 (I usually wear 9.5 or 10) and they fit perfectly. They’re really comfortable, too, and will be perfect for rainy errand days.
Now it’s your turn to make it work! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Choose your never-before-worn item. (No lingering price tags in your closet? That’s awesome! Choose the newest item in your closet and style it a new way.)
- If you’re not sure how to wear the item, use Pinterest to search it, and see if you can find an idea you want to recreate.
- You can also browse the last 28 days of prompts and use one of them as your guide to pull together a new look. Get creative!
Let us know how it feels to make that item work! Does it give you ideas for the other unworn items in your closet? Share your thoughts with us using the hashtag #31days31waysremix on your Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter account.
Here’s extra info on 31 Days, 31 Ways if you’re just joining us!
Introductory Post (Guidelines, tips & tricks to handle emergencies, how to link up, and more.)
31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Link Up Schedule:
- October 3: Show us the pieces you’ve chosen. This can be pictures, descriptions, a Pinterest board…whatever you want!
- October 10: Looks 1-7(ish)
- October 17: Looks 8-14(ish)
- October 24: Looks 15-21(ish)
- October 31: Looks 22-28(ish)
- November 7: Recap! Your final looks and what you’ve learned from the remix challenge.