How’s your weekend going? Ours has been laid back but we’ve had fun things like birthday parties and whirly ball games- have you ever played? SO fun even though I’m terrible and now have lots of bruises.
I hope you’re getting some great time with family and friends, a few of your to do’s knocked out, and you’re feeling refreshed and ready for the week ahead. At least you don’t have to think too hard about what you’re wearing tomorrow, right? Thank you, 31 Days, 31 Ways Remix! :)
Tomorrow’s challenge is to put together an ‘opposites attract’ outfit.
The ‘click through for tips’ is just for those who come across this photo on Pinterest.
Read on for all of today’s tips!
I love seeing opposite things that go together really well. From couples (Troy and I are complete opposites) to food (peanut butter and oreos anyone??) to outfits, opposites can make great combinations.
For my look, I wanted to make a casual piece work with fancier ones, so I chose my gingham button up and wore it with my black wool trousers, leopard flats, and a chunky pearl and diamond necklace.
Here are a few ideas to choose from while picking out your look with today’s prompt:
- How to dress this outfit up: adding a jacket or cardigan (a soft brown or taupe would look great with this combo) would allow less of the gingham print to show through and give off a more sophisticated vibe.
- How to dress it down: opt for a pair of pearl earrings rather than a bold necklace, and cuff the sleeves to make the look a little simpler and more casual.
- It’s your turn to make it work! Try pairing casual and fancy pieces of your own;
- You could also combine something super textured with a really sleek or silky material;
- Or try wearing a new piece and an old, beloved one;
- Mix a print and a solid…I could go on, but you get the idea!
We want to see your look! Share it with us using the hashtag #31days31waysremix on your Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter account.
Here’s extra info on 31 Days, 31 Ways if you’re just joining us!
Introductory Post (Guidelines, tips & tricks to handle emergencies, how to link up, and more.)
31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Link Up Schedule:
- October 3: Show us the pieces you’ve chosen. This can be pictures, descriptions, a Pinterest board…whatever you want!
- October 10: Looks 1-7(ish)
- October 17: Looks 8-14(ish)
- October 24: Looks 15-21(ish)
- October 31: Looks 22-28(ish)
- November 7: Recap! Your final looks and what you’ve learned from the remix challenge.