Welcome to the 31 Days, 31 Ways Remix! We’re on day 22 of shopping our closets to create 31 “new” outfits.
Today’s challenge is to wear a “resourceful” top.
The ‘click through for tips’ is just for those who come across this photo on Pinterest.
Read on for all of today’s tips!
For my resourceful top, I chose to wear a cardigan buttoned up so it looked more like a sweater. This works no matter the shape of your cardigan. A crew neck cardi, like mine pictured here, is perfect by itself (I wore a tank underneath just to be safe), or, if you have a v-neck cardigan, add a tank or cami underneath and treat it like a regular v-neck sweater. Besides guarding against cleavage, the cami gives a little pop of color underneath the cardigan. A lace cami is another option that would add great visual interest.
Here are a few other ideas to try:
- Tuck a dress into a skirt and let it masquerade as a blouse (like yesterday’s first look).
- Criss-cross a scarf over top of your shirt and belt it. You can also add a completer piece over top. This lets the print show through as your “top.”
- Have another idea? Go for it!
We want to see your look! Share it with us using the hashtag #31days31waysremix on your Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter account.
Here’s extra info on 31 Days, 31 Ways if you’re just joining us!
Introductory Post (Guidelines, tips & tricks to handle emergencies, how to link up, and more.)
31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Link Up Schedule:
- October 3: Show us the pieces you’ve chosen. This can be pictures, descriptions, a Pinterest board…whatever you want!
- October 10: Looks 1-7(ish)
- October 17: Looks 8-14(ish)
- October 24: Looks 15-21(ish)
- October 31: Looks 22-28(ish)
- November 7: Recap! Your final looks and what you’ve learned from the remix challenge.