T and I just got back from a mini weekend in Austin filled with lots of time together, delicious Whole 30 approved food, and a lot of time outside. It was a little slice of heaven on earth. We’ve got a crazy rest of the week ahead, so let’s jump into day 15’s prompt for the 31 Days, 31 Ways Remix!
If you’re just joining us, we’re on day 15 of shopping our closets to create 31 “new” outfits. We’d love for you to remix along with us. Use this prompt to create your outfit tomorrow, and circle back around to create the rest of the looks at the end of the challenge. All the details are at the end of this post.
Today’s challenge is to create a color blocked look. That simply means pairing two solid colored pieces together and forming an outfit around them.
For my outfit, I paired a maroon blouse and olive skinnies. I added a black sweater and leopard flats to give the look a little extra polish. Leopard is a go-to for me when I want to add a little more interest with a neutral. Because it’s made up of neutral colors, you can treat it like one even though it’s a print.
Now it’s your turn to make it work! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- How to dress it up: tuck in the top and add a belt. Heels and/or a blazer would also dress up the outfit. Choose colors that are more understated, like a deep red and navy or emerald and taupe for a traditional office.
- How to dress it down: another version of this look would be to button the cardigan and belt it. You could also choose a top that wasn’t silky for a more relaxed feel. Pick colors that are a bold combination if you don’t have a dress code to worry about. Mint and mustard, red and lilac- get creative!
- My trick for choosing colors to color block is to pick two (any two), and add a neutral piece to ground the look (like the black cardigan above). You’ll look pulled together just like that.
- Here are a few color combinations to browse for inspiration if you’re feeling stuck.
Share your look with us using the hashtag #31days31waysremix on your Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter account!
Here’s extra info on 31 Days, 31 Ways if you’re just joining us!
Introductory Post (Guidelines, tips & tricks to handle emergencies, how to link up, and more.)
31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Link Up Schedule:
- October 3: Show us the pieces you’ve chosen. This can be pictures, descriptions, a Pinterest board…whatever you want!
- October 10: Looks 1-7(ish)
- October 17: Looks 8-14(ish)
- October 24: Looks 15-21(ish)
- October 31: Looks 22-28(ish)
- November 7: Recap! Your final looks and what you’ve learned from the remix challenge.