Welcome to the 31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Challenge! We’re each working on finding 31 “new” outfits already hanging in our closet. We’ve got all kinds of remixinistas here- newbies, pros, and everything in between. Wherever you fall in that lineup, we’re really glad you’re here!
Read on for today’s prompt, a few ways to make it work for a corporate job, and how to dress the look down if you’ve got the day off or you work from home. Whatever your day looks like, we’ve got you covered! (<- See what I did there? :) A little clothing humor for ya.)
Today, the challenge is to play dress up!
No matter what’s on your schedule for the day, create a new look that’s a little fancier than usual.
I have a sneaking suspicion you’ve got nice clothes that rarely make it out of the closet, and I want to help you break out of the thought that you can only wear them for occasions that “fit.”
If you’re raising a guilty hand, you might be unconsciously slipping into the habit of always thinking those items don’t “fit” whatever occasion you’re considering, and the day to wear those fun clothes will never come. Not on my watch!
Who cares if you’re dressed up to go to the store? Or for a game? Or that fill-in-the-blank occasion? No one but you! :) So take a deep breath, and pull together an outfit that’s a little more done up than usual. You are gorgeous, and I want you to pick something today that makes you feel that way!
My look today is a little retro, and I love it. I’m a sucker for classic cuts, like pencil skirts, feminine blouses, and midi skirts like this one. While midi skirts have come and gone, they’re so classic you can’t go wrong with having one in your closet. They’ll always come back around. Some outfits I’ve made with my midi (like this one) make me feel like I stepped out of an Audrey Hepburn movie.
How can you not have a great day when you feel like you could be friends with Audrey?
Now it’s your turn to make it work! Here are a few tips to get you started:
- How to dress it up: choose silky fabrics, add some jewels, or a little extra shine. Feeling brave? Pick an item that makes you immediately think, “That’s too nice to wear today,” and make it work! #timgunnstyle
- How to dress it down: pair a dress with a jean or leather jacket, wear a pair of classic or brightly colored sneakers with sequins…come up with an item that dresses down a fancy look. Make today’s look your own!
Share your fanciness with us using the hashtag #31days31waysremix on your Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter account. We can’t wait to see it!
Here’s extra info on 31 Days, 31 Ways if you’re just joining us!
Introductory Post (Guidelines, tips & tricks to handle emergencies, how to link up, and more.)
31 Days, 31 Ways Remix Link Up Schedule:
- October 3: Show us the pieces you’ve chosen. This can be pictures, descriptions, a Pinterest board…whatever you want!
- October 10: Looks 1-7(ish)
- October 17: Looks 8-14(ish)
- October 24: Looks 15-21(ish)
- October 31: Looks 22-28(ish)
- November 7: Recap! Your final looks and what you’ve learned from the remix challenge.