Are you headed somewhere warm this Spring Break or summer? I’ve come up with a packing list I plan to use on our 5 year anniversary trip in a few months.
Pack similar pieces to look chic for two weeks! If you’re headed on a shorter trip, this list gives you a few extra options:
- tank (I like mine to be a bright color)
- neutral lightweight tee
- chambray button up
- lightweight sweater
- pair of jeans (white just feels more tropical, but you can easily switch them out for a colored or blue pair)
- jean shorts
- maxi skirt
- maxi dress
- detailed skirt
These 9 pieces created 14 unique outfits:
A few tips to make your pieces work harder:
- Packing a lightweight button front gives you an extra “cardigan.” Just leave it unbuttoned over your look.
- Tie or knot shirts to give them additional versatility, like the black tee over the maxi dress and sequin skirt, or the chambray top with the jean shorts.
- Pair the same-color top and bottom to create a new look. Here, I used the black tee and maxi skirt to create a “dress.” You could also use a pair of shorts or gaucho pants to create a romper or jumpsuit effect.
- When it comes to accessories, I like to pack a few more than I would for a cold weather trip, because tropical clothing takes up less space. I plan to take a lightweight scarf, several statement necklaces and belts, a hat, and a few pairs of shoes. I may also throw in a light jacket in case of rain.
- Wear the bulkiest items (jeans, sweater, and hat) on the plane, and carry a large purse to give yourself a little extra room. (Just be sure it’s flexible enough to fit under the seat in front of you!)
- Depending on your departure weather, you may want to wear a pair of boots and change into sandals when you arrive.
- If you have someone drop you off at the airport, leave your winter coat in the car; it’ll be there when you get back and you won’t have to lug it around with you.
Are you headed anywhere fun for spring break?
PS I used to be the worst packer ever, and have shared my tips on what not to pack before. Learn from my mistakes! It’ll save your back and a baggage fee. #winwin
Shop the Looks
tank (kohl’s- exact)
lightweight tee (forever 21- similar)
chambray button up (old navy- similar)
lightweight sweater (the clothes mentor- similar)
white jeans (kohl’s- exact)
jean shorts (j. crew factory- similar)
maxi skirt (made- similar)
maxi dress (target- similar)
detailed skirt (j. crew factory- exact)